“Is this Art?”
I am sure many creative entrepreneurs and business owners have struggled with this thought. Can art actually be strategic? Do you even want to make your art into a business? I am so excited to dive into this subject and so many different explorations of creativity with my guest, Emylee Williams.
Emylee is half the duo behind Think Creative Collective and The Strategy Hour Podcast. Emylee is a strategic thinker, powerhouse business boss, and awesome adoptive mama. Emylee’s mission is to see that unique skill or idea inside of you flourish into a successful business. She has the talent to see strategic ways to make a business visible while still allowing creativity to flow. With strategy on her mind all the time, Emylee found that she needed another creative outlet. Today, she is going to describe how painting became just the medium she needed to create without pressure.
Emylee is going to tackle so many topics today that you will not want to miss: how being a mom impacts the creative process, battling imposter syndrome, and why she stepped back from photography and into painting. There is encouragement, advice, and so many wonderful stories in store for you in this episode!
- How Emylee blends her creativity side hustle and her business.
- Why Emylee studied fine art and photography, and how that has impacted her creative process.
- Emylee’s advice for those of us who question going to art school and feeling imposter syndrome.
- So many artists stop themselves from growing their art into a business because of the pressure of “The Test.”
- You can have “mediocre” art and make so much money if you know how to run a business.
- Emylee is always wondering “Is this art?”
- You aren’t stuck with the business you have now.
- The moment Emylee knew she was onto something.
- Emylee is on a mission to make you feel comfortable enough to do something.
- How painting became a release and a comfort for Emylee that is different than her business.
- Why painting? Emylee explains.